Sunday, June 8, 2008

Escapee chickens drive Mom crazy

As the smart ones among you suspected, those girls would eventually fly off the edge of the pen. True, it happened once to Lacey, who immediately panicked and flew back in. Then it happened to Henrietta, but it was no accident. She's too clever. This morning I opened their bedroom door to find all 3 of them walking around on the floor outside the pen inspecting everything at beak level. It took several attempts to get them back in. I'm a human. Surely I can outsmart 3 chickens? It was questionable for the first 2 hours! I finally wedged them into a corner. They are now in the pen with old baby gates placed across the top. We all rested after a dose of Rescue Remedy.
To follow: Life under a baby gate.

1 comment:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Oh my, they are busy little girls. Adventuresome for sure. How ya gonna keep them down on the farm after they've seen Paree?