Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby goat boy at the farm

One of the perks of visiting the farm in Calhan is petting the many goats. This recent visit included holding, petting, kissing and cooing over a 5 day old baby goat….OK, a kid. He is glossy black with a few white hairs on the back of his ears. He had no name because he might not stay and they did not want to become more attached to him than they were. It’s hard to look at him without getting attached. He is soooooo cute! As we walked around looking at the chickens and big goats, he and Dreamer (my little Pomeranian) played around at our feet. They were the exact same height. Little goat boy thought Dreamer must be another little goat so he lowered his head and butted. Time and again he walked around in front of Dreamer and ‘Bonk!’. Dreamer would look questioningly at me but did not ‘butt’ back. After a while little goat boy stopped taking time to get in front of Dreamer to butt him. He would stand along side, lean his head to the side and ‘Bonk!’. Sorry, no true photos. We were so engaged with the animals I could not pull away to get the camera.
[The photo shown is NOT goat boy. I added it because I felt I owed you a goat picture. I don't know who it is.]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love, love goats. I have fond memories of several encounters with goats. I so wish I could have one in my back yard...I think Pieper and the goat would play well together. Guess it's a pipe dream in the city! Thanks for sharing.