Thursday, May 10, 2007

Arriauna's fan mail

My beautiful Ameracauna chick, Arriauna, received her first fan mail. It was delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, postmarked ‘Denver.’ Down our dirt street, in his little white truck, came the postman. Among the bills and the junk mail was a postcard addressed to Arriauna Ameracauna. I showed it to her and read the message aloud. She is very shy and bashful. When I asked her permission to write about it in our ThreeChickenFarm blog she lowered her head and blinked. I took that to mean ‘yes’. Her private life is about to become public. You saw it here first!
“Delicate Miss, Large feet & small body, Your ‘headcap’ is fetching Will you ever be naughty? Loverly girl with a sweet Peach-tinged beak Do keep me informed of Your changes each week.” XXXX A Secret Admirer

2 comments:

MichelleVan said...

That is too funny! I wish I'd thought of it first.

DeAnne said...

Arriauna can't count yet, so being first or second doesn't matter.