Friday, June 8, 2007

Fox, Jr.

To the right of the Eglu, meet Fox, Jr. He is small but he is a fox. A fox in training? He appears to be a teenager from last year’s litter. This photo was taken from the kitchen window 3 days ago. All chickies have run into their Eglu. Only a newspaper and some shadows remain. Camille and I have had several ‘talks’ with him, both in person and in absentia. Not to jinx his 3-day absence, I will say he has not been missed. I pray some fortunate reason will keep him away. ‘Fox in the hen house’ can remain a literary phrase. ‘Fox passing by’ is too close for comfort.

4 comments:

picklesandroses.blogspot.com said...

Oh no! Go away! Tell his mother to call him home. He's running with a bad crowd and needs a curfew.

Anonymous said...

Between the critters and the weather, I'd feel much less stressed if you would move the chickies back to the bedroom.

DeAnne said...

Yes, these gals are really getting tested by Mother Nature...I think they are practicing for their next incarnation as Himalayan sherpas, big game hunters or mothers...the toughest jobs on the planet!

Unknown said...

I agree with m1az -- it sounds far too stressful for them, what with Foxxy, Mr. Raccoon AND the elements. I think it's more than wing and feather should have to stand. Maybe they should have "supervised" fresh air stints??