Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New chickie coop

New chickie coop

Yesterday when I entered the chick back bedroom Ms. Barred Rock was perched ON THE TOP EDGE of their box. She has had strong, long wing feathers from day one. She likes to use them and often sits atop the feeder and the waterer stretching her neck to look up and over. Maybe I should name her Christa Columbus in search of the New World.

So I went in search of some kind of new enclosure. It had also occurred to me that their lateral views were limited to cardboard-colored cardboard. I did draw on their walls but they didn’t seem too interested in my artwork. Craigslist, The Thrify Nickel, The Gazette…..nowhere could I find what we need.

Off to Petco to look at birdcages. They are very fancy with prices to match. I finally found a plain white one with no pergolas or scrollwork. Life with the chickie babes is not cheap. This must be the beginning of having teenage daughters.

Too late to change their quarters. They are so quiet and sleepy.

No comments: