Sunday, April 29, 2007

The paper incident

The paper incident

While new chick, Arriauna, was in her separated see-thru area I placed a folded 8”x8” piece of paper on the floor of her area for better footing. Her little feet didn’t work well on the wire floor. After I removed the divider I left the paper. It was under the light so Arriauna really liked it. Perfect, I thought. Wrong.

When I returned from an afternoon of art shows and a late lunch, I found a major corner section of the paper had been maliciously shredded. The only remaining shred of evidence was being sat upon by Ms. B. Rock. All four chickies were just sitting around, looking innocent. I fully expected to hear them humming as they looked out the window. Blame was not my worry…sick stomachs and ’pasting up’ was my worry.

The coop was cleaned up. New corncob litter was laid down…though it’s not deep enough to protect Arriauna’s feet from the wire across the entire floor. Today I’ll buy more.

No comments: